What Information Do We Collect About You?
The personal information we collect from you – This will depend on what services you are using.
- Home, Billing and Delivery Address(es)
- Email Address (customer dependant)
- Phone Number(s) (home, mobile – customer dependant)
- Payment card information (We do not store this information)
- Account Password and Login details
“Other Data” are data that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. Other Data include:
- Data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic data and other data provided by you
We collect personal information when you:
- Purchase products through our website, over the phone or through store till points
- Create an account on our website
- Sign up to receiving e-receipts
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Enter our competitions, prize draws or promotions
- Browse the website - please see the section on cookies for more information
How We Collect Other Data
We collect Other Data in a variety of ways:
- Your browser or device. We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
- Cookies. We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Online Services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Online Services and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the Online Services. We also gather statistical data about use of the Online Services to continually improve design and functionality understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions.
Why We Collect This Information About You?
Your Name & Contact Details
- To fulfil your order, i.e. taking payment, updating you regarding the status of your order and shipping the order to you.
- To provide an e-receipt for purchases made in-store.
- To send you an email that you have abandoned your basket when shopping on our website.
- To contact you with regards to outstanding goods left with us in-store.
- To send you marketing promotions, offers, competitions and events by email & post (subject to your preferences. You are free to opt-out of receiving these communications at any time.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions that you choose to enter.
- To process and manage your booking/appointment (for example booking an appointment for suit hire or for specific services in store i.e. bespoke jewellery consultation).
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes. We will collect your information when purchasing second hand/scrap jewellery.
Your Login Details & Password
- To verify your identity when you access your account on our website.
Your Purchase Information
- We will collect this to better serve you when sending marketing emails for items you may have a legitimate interest in. For example we may wish to contact you about an in-store event we are holding if you have previously purchase goods from that brand.
- We will collect your payment details to fulfil your order, i.e. taking payment, updating you regarding the status of your order and shipping the order to you. As well as managing any issues during order fulfilment.
Your device information, preferences and cookies provided when you browse our website
- To tailor your experience online and send you personalised emails (in combination with other information you have provided us) so that we can offer you goods and services and promotions, offers and events we think you will be interested in. You can opt out of this by adjusting your cookie settings in your browser.
How long we will store your information?
We'll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account with Paul Gentile Jewellers, or as long as is needed for us to be able to provide the relevant goods or services to you. Paul Gentile Jewellers' general retention policy is to retain information for up to 7 years.
In some circumstances, such as to meet our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may hold on to your personal information after we’ve finished providing services to you, or for longer than our general retention policy.
Your rights over your information
You have many rights over your personal information and how it is used. Below sets out the rights which are available to you (depending on how we collected your personal data) and how to make use of those rights.
Right to be informed about what we do with your information
Right to access your information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you. In most cases this is free of charge.
Right to correct your information
If you believe that the personal information we hold about you may be incorrect, then you can correct this is through updating your profile in account login (If registered for an online account). If you don't want to do it this way or don't have an online account, you can ask for us to update your information.
Right to delete your personal information (unless we have a reason to keep it)
Some people call this the "right to be forgotten". Unless we have a reason for keeping your personal information (for example, where we need this to provide a service to you), you can request for us to stop holding your personal information. If we need to hold on to your information we will tell you why we need to do this when we respond.
Right to stop direct marketing messages
You can do this easily by updating your preferences in your account login (If registered for an online account), or by contacting us.
You can contact us through the following channels:
Paul Gentile Jewellers
3 Tynewydd Road
Vale Of Glamorgan